The very first 365 by Whole Foods Market opened in Silverlake, California today, and if it’s anything like those to follow, we vegans are in luck! The hope is that the new 365 by Whole Foods Markets will provide enough reasonably priced “grab-and-go” prepared foods and grocery items to “streamline the shopping experience” for customers.
What’s extra cool is that the new, smaller stores are designed in such a way that customers can see the entire store from where they stand when they walk in.
Here’s the scoop on what’s in store (pun intended!) for us!
* Vegan “Carrot Dogs” made with a braised carrot, tamarind chutney slaw, cilantro and avocado served on a bun from Los Angeles-based Larder Baking Company
* Vegan veggie pizza made with Kite Hill ricotta
* Vegan soups, including Coconut Vegetable
* An Allegro Coffee craft brew bar where you can grab a quick vegan latte
* Customizable self-serve tea station called a “teaBOT” where customers can create personalized tea blends by choosing from a selection of 18 teas and herbal ingredients
* Over 5,000 square feet of produce
Do you remember the charming and effervescent Chloe Coscarelli, winner of Cupcake Wars? Well her new 100% vegan “by CHLOE” restaurants on the East Coast are a BIG hit and 365 by Whole Foods Market has decided to include one of her restaurants in their STORE! It’s the debut of Chloe’s food on the West Coast!
Shoppers can sit down and enjoy quinoa taco salad, sweet potato mac-and-cheese and ice creams such as “Kale Cookies + Cream” and “Boozy Banana Bourbon” made with Woodford Reserve Bourbon. All 100% Vegan!
Sounds like the store is a real score for vegans! Happy shopping!