I’ve purchased pre-made wraps “to go” before, and although they usually hit the spot when I’m racing around, I wanted to make some of my own at home. I figured they’d be even tastier than store bought wraps and most certainly less expensive!
Luckily during one of my recent trips to Trader Joe’s, I noticed they were serving samples of vegan wraps made with Masala Burgers. Have you tried Masala Burgers before? Trader Joe’s has them in the frozen food section and they’re really tasty! I usually serve them with Biryani Curried Rice… it’s so good!
Back to the wraps… Here’s how you make em’!
1. Lay out a sheet of Lavash. I used the “Clay Oven Baked Whole Wheat Lavash Bread” from Trader Joe’s. It’s vegan – made only with stone ground whole wheat flour, water, yeast and salt.
2. Then spread a little hummus on it. I used eggplant hummus.
3. Then heat up a vegan burger of your choice. I used a masala burger from Trader Joe’s. As it cooks, break it up in the pan with your spatula and add some shredded veggies. I used Trader Joe’s shredded organic broccoli and carrots. Super easy!
4. Once everything is warm, but not over cooked, gently spread the mixture on top of your lavash bread.
5. Add spices to taste… I used a little sea salt, fresh garlic, ground pepper and Sriracha Sauce.
6. Roll up, slice in half & enjoy!
If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, it’s easy to substitute other vegan ingredients that you enjoy. When I made this again the other night, I added avocado. Super yummy! Also, if you have trouble finding lavash bread, check out an “international” store. We have a few near us that always carry a nice selection of flat breads.
Well, that’s all for now, folks! I’m hungry, so I’m going to make another vegan wrap right now! Mmmm! Cheers!