When I asked My Vegan Journal followers on facebook what was cookin, boy, did they have a LOT to say! Vegans have SO much variety to choose from!!
Hopefully all of these options will help inspire you to hop in that kitchen and get creative! I love being vegan!
And if you need extra help or inspiration, check out my new book! The Vegan Way; it’s available online and bookstores across the country (including Barnes and Noble!) – and at libraries, too! It’s packed with tasty tips and tricks, and it goes well beyond diet! (here’s a sample recipe: Three Sisters Chili!)
OK, here’s 60 ideas submitted by My Vegan Journal readers to get ya started!
YOWZA! These all sound AWESOME!
1) Made my first vegan raw apple pie and even the non-vegans thought it was delicious!
2) I made ginger sweet & spicy tofu today. So good!
3) Taquitos made with Gardein Scallopini (seasoned with smoked paprika, oregano and cumin) topped with cabbage, tomatoes and tofu sour cream with lemon. Amazing!
4) We make a spicy sweet vegan chili every Sunday. It’s not all that creative, but it’s delish & a great winter comfort food! =)
5) I bought some gardein scallopini today too that i thought to cook & thinly slice to put on top of a fresh romaine & kale salad that I’m making tonight too
6) Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas in the oven right now…YUM!
7) I made a meatloaf made with Meat substitute, dressing, oatmeal, onion and 2 pkg italian dressing, along with tofu and walnuts smothered in ketcup and tomato soup. DE-Lish!
8) Just whole wheat spaghetti with a cab sauv marinara, steamed organic green beans, and garlic bread made with earth balance…. Oh yum.
9) TJ’s whole wheat potato gnocchi with zucchini ribbons, shallots, cherry tomatoes. And some butternut squash soup!
10) I made a vegan lasagna tonight with thin slices of eggplant, yellow squash and zucchini as the “noodles,” the “ricotta” was made of silken tofu, garlic and onion blended together then pulsed with a cup of fresh basil, and mixed with firm tofu, non-dairy mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, and VegiZest. The filling had sauteed vegetables – broccoli, mushrooms, yellow, red and orange peppers and baby spinach. Layered the noodles with the ricotta and veggies and topped with pasta sauce. Turned out delicious!
11) I threw together a few random vegan salads this weekend with fun ingredients: mixed greens, arugula, carrot, avocado, hummus, tomatoes, leek roasted tempeh, olives, nutritional yeast, and topped with coconut vinegar and macadamia nut oil
12) I Made a seitan roast with potatoes and carrots and it was heavenly!!! Love cooking vegan!!
13) We created our own recipe, kind of a indian vegan curry with potatoes, garbanzo beans, carrots and peas…tons of spices. That alongside some coconut jasmine rice…very filling
14) Rice and beans (black, black-eyed pea and chick pea), with diced tomatoes, mushrooms and corn. Yum!
15) Orange tofu and quinoa, yum!
16) Left over soup for us. I made 3 crockpot soups (black bean; celery root; and hearty vegetable stew), which have kept us happy for lunch and dinner. Plus a small kale salad with a few sunflower seeds.
17) Romaine and baby spinach topped with salsa, black beans, avocado, and vegan sour cream. And I sautéed a buncha peppers and mushrooms, and broccoli in tamari and veggie broth with some spices yummmmmm
18) Quinoa and black beans with tomatos and onions. Avocado and queso fresco as garnish.
19) Carrot ginger cashew soup and crackers.
20) I took a can of vegetarian chili and put it on a bed of jasmine rice and topped it with shredded old vegan cheddar cheese :o)
21) Sauteed garbanzo bean and veggie tacos on Cactus tortillas
22) My husband had a salad waiting on me when I came home though of spinach, carrots, black beans, peppers, walnuts, cranberries and chow mein noddles. I feel like a million bucks!!
23) General Tsao’s tofu
24) sour dough bread and roasted red pepper hummus. tomorrow night im making sauteed cabbage with mushrooms, carrot, onion n soy sauce. Mmm
25) Tonight was a massaged kale salad with olives, onion, sunflower seeds, avocado, tomato and cucumber
26) For dinner is was simply grilled cheese with Daiya. Mmmmm!
27) I’m making Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancakes) for the first time
28) just made some kale chips coated with cashew mixture….yum! For dinner, Harvest Grains blend (by Trader Joes) with a bunch of veggies tossed in and a nice fat-free sesame dressing….add that to a big ol’ green salad, toss some baked tofu in, and viola! I love being vegan!!!
29) Black bean enchiladas! Yummmm!
30) Chickpea tacos with lettuce,tomatoes,avocado, and salsa! :- )
31) just made an EXCELLENT vegan Tom Yum soup tonight, and boy did it cook fast! It was packed with baby bok choy, carrots, snow peas, and mushrooms-garnished with fresh cilantro. And I have a head cold, so the heat of this soup is perfect!
32) Ginger dressing sauteed vegetables with faux chicken
33) I don’t cook well at all and felt super lazy today, so o had a Amy’s Veggie Loaf Frozen Dinner. For being a frozen dinner, its pretty darn good.
34) Veggie kabobs, brown rice and vegan carrot cake ♥
35) Homemade lentil and veggie soup, huge salad with maple toasted walnut and for dessert homemade mango sorbet made with my Vitamix!
36) Spinach salad with blueberries, strawberries and pecans
37) spinach salad with strawberries, almonds and poppyseed dressing!
38) I had left over pasta salad and some falafel. Pasta salad is so easy to make and last for several days (I love making one big pot of something and eating it through the week adding things here and there). One box whole wheat pasta, one can three-been salad, one can garbanzo beans, half red onion sliced, small can sliced olives, cup of slices mushrooms, 1/4th cup balsamic vinegarette dressing or catalina – chill over night.
39) vegetable and chickpea curry
40) Yam and Split Pea Soup with Tarragon (Forks Over Knives)–Super Yummy!! Homemade beer bread and a salad with chopped veggies.
41) Northern bean chili, sauteed Swiss chard and roasted tomato bruschetta on banquette slices!
42) Left over Tofurky Roast, gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, broiled brussel sprouts and wild rice ♥
43) toasted organic blue corn tortillas…refried black beans..salsa… ..lettuce..tomatoes…guacamole..vegan tostada…delicious!
44) Vegan Eggplant “parm” with angel hair tossed with EVOO, garlic, broccoli & tomato.
45) Just finished a kale salad with homemade faux ranch, Homemade roasted tomato soup with bread and pesto spread and foux choco ice cream for dessert. love it!!!!!
46) i don’t have a lot of time for cooking dinner, so i usually make miso soup with lots of bok choy, mushrooms, red bell pepper, ginger, cilantro, lime juice. any veggie combo will do. it’s especially easy if everything is pre-washed/cut. just boil the soup, turn off the heat and add veggies (this keeps them crisp).
47) my awesome 12 year old daughter made veggie wraps for her and I with fresh, sweet, red peppers and baby spinach and roma tomatos–I also ate an avacado and we enjoyed some almonds !! yumm
48) Leftover lentil couscous soup and homemade flour tortillas!
49) stuffed chard with mashers.
50) Amy’s vegan pizza and some leftover butternut squash soup. Having a lazy Friday.
51) Big bowl of Multigrain Cheerios with unsweetened soymilk. It was delicious….made me feel like a kid again eating cereal for dinner. My kitty helped me drink the rest of the soymilk, also had three clementines.
52) I had vegan mac ‘n’ cheese and then home made naam bread with veggie bologna and better than cream cheese YUM!
53) I’m making pinto beans with portabello mushrooms, tofuky Italian sausage, over brown rice. I kick mines up new Orleans style….flavorful and spicy. Yummm!!!
54) Waffles and beans (I’m a student :p )
55) Enjoying a Vegan Bow Tie Pasta Salad!
56) Tonight is fried rice w/tofu and veggies!
57) 17 Bean & Barley Veggie Stew!
58) Whipping up a Vegan Tri~Colored Pasta, Kale, Black Bean, Orange Bell & Avocado Salad!
59) Tofurkey Italian Sausages, sliced and browned lightly and then mixed with my homemade barbeque sauce, german potato salad with lots of onions and dried mint, and brown sugar glazed carrots. And a sliced, peeled apple to finish it off!
60) Nissin’s Oriental Flavor Top Ramen without the MSG seasoning pack, but with yummy tofu, vegan teriyaki sauce & veggies instead.
Quick, cheap & easy!
Need more?! Here’s 44 Vegan Lunch Ideas!! I tell ya, there’s no shortage of creative & easy ways to whip up a yummy vegan meal! And here’s another EASY recipe from my book: Krautfleckrl! It is SO good!
Jackie Day, Author of the new book The Vegan Way: 21 Days to a Happier, Healthier Plant-Based Lifestyle That Will Transform Your Home, Your Diet, and You (St. Martin’s Press / Macmillan)